...:::|Tactical Assault Team|:::...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Team|TAT| website

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having trouble

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Txpsycho
Family Member
Txpsycho

Male
Number of posts : 627
Xfire : txpsycho325
Fav. Map : A-bomb and foodwall
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey bros and sisters, Im currently having issues with swat4 and xfire i cantlog into neither of them. I ru swat4 and it goes through the load process but when i chose internet instead of lan connection on the server list it freezes up and doesnt do anything and on xfire i start the application and i enter log in info and it says unable to connect and starts a count down till i can connect. If anyone knows whats the deal or what i can do id appreciate it. IVe already uninstalled both of them and reinstalled them and still dont wanna work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Number of posts : 740
Xfire :
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:24 pm

firewall settings? did you try port forwarding for both xfire and swat 4?
Back to top Go down
Txpsycho
Family Member
Txpsycho

Male

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

no how do i do that . and how did i know you would be the one to know how to fix this your the man anonymouse
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Xfire :

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 pm

heh I've had to do it the hard way by learning it a long time ago, so if I can help someone I do it Laughing

do you know what the name of your internet router/modem is?(for example, Linksys wrt54)
Back to top Go down
Txpsycho
Family Member
Txpsycho

Male

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm

linksys wrt110
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Xfire :

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:19 pm

here is the instructions how to port forward on your router for Swat 4(it says Stetchkov but it's the same for Swat 4 1.0 version):

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT110/SWAT_4-The_Stetchkov_Syndicate.htm

and for xfire:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT110/Xfire_Directplay_7.htm
Back to top Go down
xrekonx
Family Member
xrekonx

Male
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 am

If the port forwarding does not work for you, try a 1 - 2 minute power cycle on your router. Port forwarding usually fixes inbound connection issues, but looks like your having out bound issues more than inbound. Just pull the power plug on your router and leave it unplugged for a few minutes, plug it in and see if it works after that. If not let me know we can try some other things.
Back to top Go down
Txpsycho
Family Member
Txpsycho

Male

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

k thanks guys
ill try it all
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Xfire :

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:03 pm

xrekonx wrote:
If the port forwarding does not work for you, try a 1 - 2 minute power cycle on your router. Port forwarding usually fixes inbound connection issues, but looks like your having out bound issues more than inbound. Just pull the power plug on your router and leave it unplugged for a few minutes, plug it in and see if it works after that. If not let me know we can try some other things.

it does for both ways alien try hosting a swat 4 server on your pc without port forwarding, i dare ya Razz (i learned the hard way Neutral )
Back to top Go down
Txpsycho
Family Member
Txpsycho

Male

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 pm

i got it fixed all it was i had to reset my router and modem lol thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
xrekonx
Family Member
xrekonx

Male
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
xrekonx wrote:

it does for both ways alien try hosting a swat 4 server on your pc without port forwarding, i dare ya Razz (i learned the hard way Neutral )

That would be because you have inbound connections from other players. Port forwarding only applys to inbound connection. NAT routing handles the outbound stuff, which is probably why resetting the router and clearing the NAT table fixed it.

Glad to hear you got it going man.
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Xfire :

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:00 am

xrekonx wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:
xrekonx wrote:

That would be because you have inbound connections from other players. Port forwarding only applys to inbound connection. NAT routing handles the outbound stuff, which is probably why resetting the router and clearing the NAT table fixed it.

Glad to hear you got it going man.

when you host a server, you MUST be able to send outbound to Gamespy(tracks all servers), which is how you see the server in the server list Cool if you can't do outbound, no one will see your server to connect to it in the first place! I guess you could technically still connect through Direct IP and port but who wants to do that Razz I hosted a couple swat 4 servers in the past(pistol only FTW!) and wasn't able to get anyone to connect until I port forwarded my server for outbound also(inbound was already setup but didn't work Embarassed)
Back to top Go down
NiKi

NiKi

Female
Number of posts : 460
Xfire : nik0lina
Fav. Map : Abomb NightClub

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:38 pm

minimouse so smart,come fix my pc

Having trouble 688719
Back to top Go down
Anonymouse
Clan Friend
Anonymouse

Female
Xfire :

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

~❤NiKi❤~ wrote:
minimouse so smart,come fix my pc

Having trouble 688719

move to NY first! geek Having trouble 24279
Back to top Go down
P3t3
Clan Friend
P3t3

Male
Number of posts : 2507
Xfire : strikerkills
Fav. Map : Abomb
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:03 am

minimouse i live in New York we shud go chill at my box

under the 31 bridge by the mall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Having trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having trouble   Having trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having trouble
Page 1 of 1