...:::|Tactical Assault Team|:::...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Team|TAT| website

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09

Go down 
+2
JunioR
hack_benjamin|ATMA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male
Number of posts : 173
Xfire : ZeroGravity107
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm in the process of installing Windows 7 Pre-Beta right now. I'm kind of interested in this. Anyone else?

I'll post up some details once it's finished.
Back to top Go down
JunioR
Elite Member
JunioR

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am

nice let me know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
|TAT|Red
Elite Member
|TAT|Red

Male
Number of posts : 1501
Xfire : Susp4ct
Fav. Map : FoodWall Restaurant
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:46 am

old news
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamtat.nl
Liquidstone
Elite Member
Liquidstone

Male
Number of posts : 2909
Xfire : Liquidst0ne
Fav. Map : abomb
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 am

lol bryan is the most up to date ass ever
Back to top Go down
http://www.VanillaSKY.com
madco
Forum Admin
madco

Male
Number of posts : 3474

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:49 am

beta
try for us
Back to top Go down
|TAT|Lukasss_PL
Forum Admin
|TAT|Lukasss_PL

Male
Number of posts : 1336
Xfire : lukasx0
Fav. Map : A-boom (polish vodka drink)

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:21 pm

I heard about it some days ago ... and this version have much bugs watch out man Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tatfamily.com
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 pm

lol I didn't say it was new, i was asking if anyone had any interest in it.
I'm well aware of the bugs already. It keeps locking up on me. I might just install bootlegged Vista for now and wait for the real beta and just do it on VMware
Back to top Go down
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:16 pm

I definitely like the new taskbar setup and I'm impressed with how fluid the Aero interface is running on my HP a1230n. It's a fairly outdated machine but from what I've heard 7 will be much less of a "memory hog" which is a huge improvement. (I'm running with 1gb RAM)

I might have to re enable Aero on my laptop. I never really gave it a try but it should be able to handle it well.
Back to top Go down
Liquidstone
Elite Member
Liquidstone

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

just use xp sp3 or media center best for you
Back to top Go down
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 am

VanillaSKY wrote:
just use xp sp3 or media center best for you

Why? XP is old...boring. I'm ready for something new and sexy. I had Media Center on my desktop previously.
Back to top Go down
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 am

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Liquidstone
Elite Member
Liquidstone

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:13 am

hack_benjamin|ATMA wrote:
Photobucket

is this the windows 7 ?
Back to top Go down
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:14 am

si senor
Back to top Go down
|TAT|Lukasss_PL
Forum Admin
|TAT|Lukasss_PL

Male
Number of posts : 1336
Xfire : lukasx0
Fav. Map : A-boom (polish vodka drink)

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:38 am

I told u it will be much bugs Very Happy
but its look realy nice Smile
I hope it will be better than vista cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tatfamily.com
|TAT|Red
Elite Member
|TAT|Red

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:17 am

when the pre-beta first came out i had just got it but hearing that they are not completly changing and optimizing a new kernel there is where i lost most of my interest in it
Back to top Go down
Liquidstone
Elite Member
Liquidstone

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 pm

oh
men
Xp
is
there
and
working
eveywhere
and
for
all
just install
Back to top Go down
hack_benjamin|ATMA
Elite Member
hack_benjamin|ATMA

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm having few problems with basic usage. It's locked up a couple times but nothing too bad.

Bryan, I thought they were creating a new kernel, thus the whole point in naming it 7.
Back to top Go down
|TAT|Red
Elite Member
|TAT|Red

Male

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Microsoft bloggers and the Microsoft community at large have noticed that Microsoft is being very tight-lipped about Windows 7. In a blog post, Chris Flores of the Windows Client Communications Team explains why this is: "With Windows 7, we're trying to more carefully plan how we share information with our customers and partners. This means sharing the right level of information at the right time depending on the needs of the audience."

In other words, with Windows 7, Microsoft is trying to avoid making promises as much as possible; we all know what happened when the company talked too much about Longhorn, and then delivered a completely different product, Vista, instead. Despite this new PR approach for Windows 7, Microsoft still managed to disclose something interesting today or rather, squash some rumors that have been scuttling around. Back in October, Eric Traut, one of Microsoft's chief operating system design engineers, demonstrated MinWin, a very slimmed down kernel that was expected to be the core of Windows 7.

Now, Microsoft has settled the question of whether or not the operating system would come with a completely new kernel, or simply one that builds on what we already see in Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008: "Contrary to some speculation, Microsoft is not creating a new kernel for Windows 7. Rather, we are refining the kernel architecture and componentization model introduced in Windows Vista," said Flores. He went on to say: "one of our design goals for Windows 7 is that it will run on the recommended hardware we specified for Windows Vista and that the applications and devices that work with Windows Vista will be compatible with Windows 7."
It is important to note that these are goals, and won't necessarily be achieved, but it's great to see that Microsoft has set the bar high. This is in line with Gates' recent quote about Windows 7's performance, and my speculation that Windows 7 will be about performance as Windows Vista was about security.

Microsoft has again noted that Windows 7 is still on track to be released 3 years after the general availability of Windows Vista. I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm trying to keep my hopes low as the builds are just too early in development.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09   Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Beta released in Jan 09
Page 1 of 1